IMM Leadership Summit, 2021 at the India Habitat Centre on 24th November, 2021 Institute of Marketing and Management, IMM has successfully organised the New Normal On-Ground Leadership Summit at the India Habitat Centre on 24th November,2021. The summit addressed key issues related to the New Age Learning in the New Normal. IMM Summit 2021 With 3 Industry Doyens as chairs and 12 Industry Stalwarts as eminent speakers, the summit deliberated on Leadership in Turbulent Times, Diversity & Inclusion as well as Leadership of Change. Business Leaders from leading organization from all domains participated in the event. The Summit Focus was on: Leadership in Turbulent Times – Resilience to Reinvention. Leadership Talk to Action – Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. Leadership of Change – Digital Professionals with a Futuristic Orientation Eminent speakers from leading organisations such as MMH Beg, Head HR, Bharti Foundation, Mr Farhat Umar, President HR, Mankind Pharma Ltd, Anuricha Chander, HR Leader Audit and Tax and Head Global Mobility , KPMG Global Services ,Bhawana Dhawan, Head HR Pladis Global, Madhura Mukherjee, Learning & Development Specialist, Genpact, Shibu Shreshtha, Head HR of Pathkind Diagnostics, deliberated during the summit. The summit was addressed by few eminent entrepreneurs too. The Summit was graced by Oberoi Hotels and Resorts, Pladis Global, Vouchagram India Pvt Ltd, Jabra, Burger King, Pantaloons and more as the gifting partners. Business Standard, The People Management , Tashi Productions were the Media Partners for the Summit. The session was addressed by Dr. CV Ramanan, Director, IMM Business School. Dr Ramanan welcomed all Esteemed Speakers, Invitees, Partners. During his speech he explained that Leadership is not just a position but to make difference and action. He also said that IMM has won Six Awards for Excellence for Innovative practices in Management Education.
The Festival of Lights-Diwali-was celebrated with great joy by team IMM.The celebration began with Laxmi Puja followed by a sumptuous Lunch and Gift distribution.Wishing everyone a very Happy and Prosperous Diwali 2021.
Students of Imm celebrated Halloween 2021 with great enthusiasm and excitement.The fun filled spooky evening included face painting,costume competition as well as a lively DJ.The evening ended with a sumptuous buffet dinner for all.
IMM Celebrated Navotsav 2021 on the occasion of the 6th day of Navratras. The 9 days of blessings and divine opulence are of great significance in Indian culture. To create an aura of positivity & jollity and mark the starting of the festive season, Navotsav 2021 was celebrated by students, faculty and staff at the IMM campus with great pomp and show. The environment was electrifying and the energy was infectious. Every nook and corner of the campus was decorated by environment friendly handmade decorative items. The day started with the pooja of Goddess Durga following by several activities like Singing Competition – Sur Sangam. Dance competition – Aaaja nachle, IMM HAAT- marketplace for students of IMM by students of IMM and Dandiya Raas. The dress code was Indian Ethnic, which was wonderfully sported by students, Faculty and staff members by being dressed up in colourful festive shades. The winners of all the activities were given exciting prizes. Students also made good profits through selling items in various stalls in IMM HAAT. It was a day full of fun, laughter and festivities. We wish the tempo remains high until we welcome Goddess Durga again next year in the campus with same level of excitement and devotion.
Spanning over 5 whole days, the IMM Manali trip turned out to be a tour that will remain in the hearts and minds of all those that were a part of it.
From viewing scenic landcapes to partying hard at night in the chilly weather of Manali, IMM'ers had a magical time.
To commemorate the eve of the 152nd Birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, the father of Our nation, An enthusiastic group of IMM students from the 2021-23 batch visited Pratapgarh Farms, Haryana to discover the joy of India’s countryside and bask in the lap of Mother Nature.
Students enjoyed a real Village culture and social life through its features and activities like Weaving thread on the Charkha, pot making from mud, romantic tales of puppet shows. They got a chance to relish the delightful vegetarian cuisine from Haryana, Rajasthan and Punjab. Also, they learnt team building through games – spider’s web, building paper bridges, towers. They enjoyed participating in agricultural, gardening and dairy activities.
Students came home with a unique, different, and memorable day outing experience.
As a group of IMM year 2 students were enjoying their excursion in Manali, continuing with the industry visit series, A group of year 1 students visited The Pantaloons Retail Outlet at Ambience Mall, Gurgaon. Dr. Swati Jha and Prof Sakshi Sharma accompanied the group. They were given an in-depth insight on the functioning of this leading retail brand by Mr. Piyush Rath, Head Operations. This visit ended with students receiving gift vouchers from Pantaloons for shopping which was thoroughly enjoyed by all.
Senior GM, Dabur, Mr. Rajiv Dubey had delivered a though provoking lecture on "Digital Media Trends Post Pandemic".
A hybrid lecture attended by over 150 students both in classroom and online.
Mr. Dubey had shared his insights into how the pandemic has affected the digital medium and the students had a wonderful time interacting with him.
Ms. Anuricha Singh, Executive director of HR at KPMG honoured our students with not only her presence, but by also conducting a seminar on "Leadership Theories". A truly enlightening experience that the students will forever remember and surely implement in situations they face during both their professional as well as personal lives.
Following all Covid protocols by GOI, From September 13, 2021, IMM has opened its doors for students to start attending classes in the hybrid mode. Complete sanitization drive was carried out over the weekend. Students have submitted a written consentfrom their along with their vaccination certificates. The attendance in campus will be kept at 50% of the capicity and students will be attending both of offline as well as online classes via smart boards. Wisihing our dear students all the very best!
Central Cottage Industries Emporium
The students were taken to the Central Cottage Industries Emporium in New Delhi. They were exposed to a variety of handicrafts by skilled artisans from all over the country. The emporium serves as a window to India by means of artistic objects.They got an in-depth knowledge on the handicraft industry in India.The visit ended with a surprise gift for all students.Central Cottage Industries Emporium
The students were taken to the Central Cottage Industries Emporium in New Delhi. They were exposed to a variety of handicrafts by skilled artisans from all over the country. The emporium serves as a window to India by means of artistic objects.They got an in-depth knowledge on the handicraft industry in India.The visit ended with a surprise gift for all students.
The students of IMM were taken to the Vadhera art gallery where they learned inner workings of the art world. They were introduced to exotic pieces of art in the modern world, learnt about art appreciation and also were walked through the process of gallery management as well as the entire auction process.
Special Lecture Topic on Blockchain for Business Professionals Session taken by Mr Voruganti Aravind The session was conducted by Mr Voruganti Aravind on Blockchain for business professionals. He emphasis on the significance of blockchain for management students and gave an accurate & deep understanding on interrelation of Block Chain with every management specialisation. He added that Blockchain prove to be a prodigious asset to learn and give an insight on the technology and work on practical aspects that provide industry exposure to management buddies. Blockchain technology promises to have far-reaching implications for global trade and supply chains. The session was ended successfully with inquisitive question and answer round.
Hey! It’s IMM- Money Heist Challenge …..
Promote the video which is shared on the Instagram page of IMM through your Instagram account and win exciting surprises!!! A special thanks to Tannay Jit Singh, who gave this idea of IMM Money Heist challenge, and contacted Arturo Roman. @enriquearceactor
Mother Dairy visit Some students of IMM visited “Mother Dairy” plant in Patparganj, New Delhi which is counted as the largest plant in Asia on 22nd & 23rd September 2021. The visit was basically organized for the students to have an idea about the process and manufacturing of quality of Milk and other edible products in India. The company also had diversified portfolio with edible products like oils & fruits, vegetables, frozen vegetables that is required to meet the daily requirements of the household.
IMM students of PGDM 2020-22 Batch undertook an industry visit to manufacturing unit of Liberty Shoes Company located at Karnal, Haryana, on Wednesday, 22nd September, 2021. Visit was guided by Mr Hemant Mohan, Head- Institutional Sales and Mr Mishra, from HR department. They facilitated company tour and shared information about current trends in production techniques and how company was established. Students got chance to understand the Production mechanism and Management function at Liberty. They were enlightened with the actual working of manufacturing process in footwear industry.
Mr Haemant Mohan, Head- Institutional Sales with Liberty Shoes company Ltd delivered an insightful lecture on the topic - "Institutional Selling in Footwear Industry" on 6th October 2021. He said that the leather and footwear industry in India is a high employment generating sector, contributing signiﬁcantly to the country’s export earnings and economic growth. He discussed how technologically-advanced and globally-accepted safety shoe brands are made in accordance with the International Standards to produce world-class safety shoes to meet a wide-range of work place environments. Diving deeper into the transformative powers of the footwear industry, Mr Mohan elaborated on the domestic and global overview of the footwear segment and India’s rising potential to tap global markets.
IMM corporate team organized an Industry session on "Remote working And Future Skills" by Mr Mayank Kumar, Manager-HR, Redington India, on 7th October, 2021. Mr Mayank addressed the students of PGDM Batch of (2020-22) with the new concept of Hybrid model of corporate working. He guided them on corporate expectations from a campus recruit. He also talked about the skills set required to be successful in the professional world. Interestingly, he used management games to make them learn these concepts, which were quite engaging and result oriented. Students enjoyed the fun learning with practical steps to implement these concepts.
'Teachers day' was celebrated with great zest at the IMM campus. We have honoured the professors the way they deserve to be honoured for being such outstanding educationists.With lots of cake, and a training session for our teacher's, the day was a great success.
On 8th October 2021 IMM conducted Virtual Industry Visit at Yakult. It was a wonderful initiative by IMM, to make it a 'Yakult day at Campus'. Students came to know about how the day-to-day operations that takes place at Yakult. Students were taught about how the distribution of Yakult Probiotic Drinks is conducted. It was indeed an enriching and knowledgeable [email protected] conducted by Yakult team. As a gesture and to enculcate the habit of building a great immune system IMM provided Yakult probiotic drinks to all the students attending the Virtual Industry Visit at Yakult.
A group of students visited the DLF malls-Emporio @dlfemporio & Promenade @dlfpromenade to understand the back-end operations and working of luxury malls in Vasant Kunj, New Delhi.They were given a very well-guided tour and briefing by the Operations Manager Mr.Ishaan Raj & Mr. Rajesh Singh Deputy Manager Mall Operations. Students thoroughly enjoyed this insightful visit and learnt in detail about mall management.
The SOAR workshop held on the 4th of september was a huge success. With experts from various fields educating future managers on topics like critical thinking, hybrid model of education, business analytics, A.I. and more, the session proved to be highly informative for all parties involved.
A Guest Lecture was organised for the students of PGDM batch 2021-23 on 31st August'21 @ 4.45 pm by Mr. Kapil Bali , on the topic "Conflict Management" in the subject of Organisational Behaviour.
This entire session was about what is Conflict Management, what are the sources of Conflict Management. It also provides insights on the good consequences and bad consequences of Conflict.
He also explained the concept of Conflict Resolutions and the models used for Conflict Resolution. It was very interesting as the practical insights and experiences were shared by Mr. Bali in the session.
The Aagaman event was filled with fun activities and student interactions to welcome the batch of 2021-23. Among the various activities was also the IMM Motto competition, for which students were handed out certificates.
The freshers got to know more about the faculty and the campus, and the management got to better understand the new batch.
We wish for them to have a fun and educational time at IMM.
IMM held its first competition for PGDM Batch - 2021-23 on 28th August, 2021 (Thursday) and the rewards were TEN scholarships to study free - GLP, Global Leadership Program offering 7 (International and National) certification courses.
"Great opportunity to enhance your Academic Portfolio"
Students picked up very interesting topics :T- shirts from Recycled Plastics; Magic Notebook in Stationary; Sell handcrafted and homemade goods; Cloud (online) Kitchen/Bakers; Pet sitting; Sell print-on-demand t-shirts, posters, greeting cards, and prints.
Selection Criteria was set to judge the Feasibility and Implementation of the solution; Target market, Competition, Marketing & Sales, Milestones and Metrics; innovations in terms of services, ideas, technologies; Sustainability in terms of environment, and people.
IMM celebrated its 52nd Founder’s Day and our country’s Independence Day on August 14, 2021 with great fun and fervour, by organising an entertainment filled day for Batch 2020- 2022 at the IMM campus. The celebration was ornamented with the spirit of patriotism. The whole IMM family went through the memory lane of Glorious 52 years since its conception by the great Dr. Jagjit Singh.
IMM students of PGDM Batch (2020-22) got the privilege to visit functional unit of PVR Cinemas, Faridabad. After a lockdown situation, It was the ice breaking activity for the students. students were exposed to the functions of cinemas, as how the movie is displayed on large screen, the mechanism of running the reel behind the screen. Process of film distribution; bookings and reservations were also a part of agenda during the visit. Students were thrilled with the functioning of this important part of the entertainment industry.
The Institute of Marketing and Management had celebrated the orientation week with great zest.
The students displayed their talents and skills and the management had interacted with them along with various industry leaders who also happened to be IMM graduates.
We wish the following batch a wonderful time at IMM and encourage them to exploit the opportunities at the institute to the fullest.
1) Guest Lecture Session on 'Air Connectivity in the North East Region of India'
2) Shri VK Singh Director Human Resource gave an insightful session on TECH TRENDS IN HR on April 12th 2021.
He talked about how HR technology trends are supporting businesses in the “new normal,” offering tech solutions to address both new and persistent problems.
He discussed that Technology reduces opportunities for human error and prevents costly mistakes from occurring, giving ample time to HR professionals from tedious tasks and focus on strategic decision-making.
The students were quite participative during the session and asked intriguing questions.
3) Holi Celebration on 27-03-2021.
1. Write up: IMM students celebrated Holi with all the Faculty and staff members online on 27th March 2020.
Students organized excellent cultural events and kept a high festive spirit throughout the event.
Through amazing Dance with Holi colours and songs, they explained -Why and how we celebrate Holi in different parts of the country.
The students were all dressed in the theme of Holi. They enjoyed playing live songs as well as recorded songs on the theme of " Holi festival."
4) The webinar was delivered by Mr. Amit Kavia, General Manager HR at PAYTM. He is also an esteemed alumnus of our college batch 2003. Mr. Kavia is an energetic and effervescent HR professional with expertise in Talent Management, Employee Relations, and HR operations.
The session was inspiring, thought-provoking and it gave the opportunity to learn many modern-day concerns with regards to career options after PGDM. Mr Kavia gave numerous illustrations of choosing the right specializations. The webinar was well attended by students who were quite participative in the discussion and asked inquisitive questions.
5) "The Art of Hustle ; Building & leveraging your Network", for website update.
Write up : IMM organized a webinar on "The Art of Hustle ; Building & leveraging your Network" on 6th March, 2021.
The speaker, Mr. Manu Jain is having more than a decade of experience in the Telecom industry. He has been involved in building and executing content strategies for corporates and start-ups. The session was all about the importance of networking and building skills to leverage it. Session was apt, to the point and interesting .
6) Webinar on "Innovation vs culture of innovation in a service organization" (part 1): To enlighten the audience on the topics mentioned, we had as a panellist with us Mr. Goutam Dutta, Chief Information & Digital Officer, Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance. This webinar was highly beneficial to the audience as it unfolded the power of innovation and how innovation culture could marvellously uplift the working environment of an organization. It was a very enriching and inspiring experience for students. The discussion revolved around, what drives innovation is purpose and imagination .As was stressed in the talk that- when people and culture meet, innovation flourishes. To know about the most effective capabilities was really interesting and enticing.
7) Webinar on "A Paradigm shift of leadership in knowledge and information Age".
The webinar was delivered by Mr Farhat Umar, Senior Vice President –Group HR: Mankind Pharma, a visionary and vibrant professional having an expertise in Strategic HR and HR operations.The session was inspiring, thought provoking and it gave the opportunity to learn many contemporary issues with regards to Leadership Development. Mr Farhat said that, “Leadership is not merely about administering people but it is a way to influence and motivate people to work in collaboration.”
8) BSE- SEBI
A webinar was conducted for the students of Institute of marketing and management, New Delhi , on the topic – “Investor Awareness and Role of Regulators” . This webinar gave students a unique opportunity to see the live Trading Market Screen, to understand the Online Buying and Selling of shares. Also, it was a learning about the functioning of BSE and role of SEBI in monitoring the financial market and investments. Students got chance to clear out their doubts and queries from the esteemed panellist.
To enlighten us all on the topics mentioned, we had as panellists- Ms. Veena kumari , Manager SEBI and Mr Harbinder Singh Sokhi, Manager - Investor Protection Fund, BSE
9) Real Time Multiplayer Business Simulation Game: A certification course started with an objective of enabling and equiping students to face the challenges of the real world eﬀortlessly. IMM is among the first few institutes, where The Real-time Business Simulation Game has been integrated as a part of the curriculum Of PGDM course. Game oﬀers a risk-free environment for students to apply concepts learned in classrooms and experiment with decisions. The real-time game analytics engine provides instantaneous feedback to help learners take corrective actions and learn from their mistakes.
10) AIBC - Workshop: All India Business conclave organised an One Day workshop on " Business Plan and Entrepreneurship" for IMM students. It covered various aspects of Ideation, Marketing and Finance. The workshop was conducted through quizzes, interactive activities and case studies. Students got motivated for starting their own small ventures and generating employment opportunities for others.
11) LIVE Session on "Stand-up Comedy Show": Live Stand Up Comedy Show was really a fun filled session for the students. Mr. Garv Malik touched upon the college life of a student, in a humorous way. the session broke the monotony of academics and worked as a stress buster for the audience. a repeat of the show was on high demand.
12) Rejuvenate: "Yoga for a healthy Mind, Body and Soul": A 5 day capsule course on yoga for destressing, focus and healing was conducted for students of the Institute of Marketing and Management. The capsule course was presided over by a trained yoga instructor with an experience of 250 hrs online yoga instructor.The course was very much appreciated by students and the feedback was very good. Students found it really helpful in managing their study schedule especially in these challenging times.Power yoga, aerobics , stretching and chair yoga were major attractions of the whole webinar.
13) Webinar on "Rise of online gaming industry in India and Career Opportunities": Session was started with a wish to create ‘The Best Fantasy Sports Experience’ in the field of Cricket, amongst the students. He designed this Online gaming app, keeping in mind the love and passion our nation shares for the game. He shared that With #Playerfirst as the guiding principle, they make sure that the users have the most smooth, fun & credible gaming experience. He also discussed the career opportunities in the gaming industry.
14) Session on "Road To ..._Data Science, Analytics and Cyber Security Club and Global Business Leaders Club" : Mr. Weal Aseem, from The Ureka Foundation, a globally renowned organization, had a amazing interaction with IMM students. He briefed them about the Global Leaders Club and the DSAC Club. He shared that the objective of DSAC club is to motivate students and prepare them for careers in the respective domains. Also, It provides hands-on skills and expert guidance to help students develop into world class professionals in this field. These clubs will also create career opportunities for students through its international certifications and on campus/virtual club activities.
15)Webinar on "Cloud Services": It was a great privilege for IMM students to learn from IMM alumnus and the International speaker on the topic of "Cloud Services". The technical subject dealt with facts and figures, which gave a great insight to the students about cloud services and their importance in today's digital world.
16)Webinar on "Deciphering the Indian Stock Market" : A webinar was conducted for the students of Institute of marketing and management, New Delhi. This webinar gave students a unique opportunity to see the live Trading Market Screen, to understand the Online Buying and Selling of shares. Also, it was a learning about the functioning of BSE and role of SEBI in monitoring the financial market and investments. Students got a chance to clear out their doubts and queries from the esteemed panellist.
17) Webinar on "7 Pillars of Success amid Covid": IMM students got the opportunity to listen to the industry expert and HR specialist, Mr. Nilanjan Mukherjee on the said topic. The speaker touched upon the much needed subject at the tough time of peak pandemic situation. He discussed the treats to be followed to enjoy a SUCCESSFUL LIFE. Session received a big applause from the audience.
18) Inaugural Session PGDM 2020-22 batch.: Inaugural Session- PGDM 2020-22 batch. : IMM PGDM Golden Jubilee Batch started on 17th August, 2020. One Day Inaugural Session was conducted online due to pandemic. IMM director, Dr CV Ramanan gave a warm welcome to the Guests, speakers and the students. Chief Guest,Mr Ankush Arora, Senior Vice President, Grofers addressed the students and shared his viewpoint on students' journey from Campus to Corporate. The session was enriched by intellectual words from Mr. Ankur Arora, Director, Dell Technologies and Ms. Bhawna Dhawan, Head-HR, Pladis Global. Proud alumni of IMM, Mr. Roopak Vashishtha, CEO, Apparel Sector Skill Council, who is one of the senior batches of IMM, shared his words of wisdom. Mr. Rohit Lamba, Vice President- Sales and Marketing and Head Branding, Jindal Steel and Power Ltd, who is also an alumnus of class 1997, also had healthy interaction with students.
The IT and Operation’s Club is led by students who have opted for IT and Operations as Specialization. The very purpose of this club to enhance the knowledge of students in the field Operations and IT, by providing them insight into various Industry practices.
IT & Operations Club
TThe IT and Operation’s Club is led by students who have opted for IT and Operations as Specialization. The very purpose of this club to enhance the knowledge of students in the field Operations and IT, by providing them insight into various Industry practices.
The HR Club of IMM focuses on increasing the HR Knowledge among the Students and make students competent in handling all kinds of People related issues. The Club also actively works on providing knowledge to students on various Recruitment Techniques, Training & Development, Organizational Designing and other HR areas.
The Finance Club of IMM is managed by the students from the Finance Specialization. The Club organizes various discussions, knowledge and brainstorming sessions to provide detailed insight on various financial aspects to the students.
The IMM cultural club organises events to nurture and excel the value add talents such as Singing, Dancing, Indoor and outdoor games and all other such cultural competence amongst the students. The IMM Grand Annual Cultural Fest is IGNITE which hosts reputed rock bands.
The IMM Pharma Cell is led by students and organises industry oriented activities to enhance the corporate insights of Pharmaceuticals domain for IMM students.
IMM has a very active Photography Club, completely managed by the students. The main purpose of this club to provide platform to amateur photographers among the student community.
The IMM Quiz club ensures students participation in the Quiz events organised by corporate houses and academia.
The IMM E cell organises workshops and activities to encourage the entrepreneurship insights amongst the students.